American guitarist, singer, composer, and producer Lindsey Buckingham has a $150 million fortune. Because of a reportedly sizable settlement with his longtime spouse Kristen, who filed for divorce in June 2021 after 21 years of marriage, his net worth has been lowered.
Most people know Lindsey Buckingham as the guitarist and male lead singer for the band Fleetwood Mac. He has released a number of solos and lives albums in addition to his work with the band. Buckingham, who is regarded as one of history’s greatest guitarists, was admitted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.
Lindsay sold a house in Bel-Air, Los Angeles, for $19.5 million in 2005.
Lindsey Buckingham put his 11,000 square foot Los Angeles property up for sale in January 2018 for $22 million. The Georgian-style, three-story estate was entirely renovated after he purchased it in 2013 for $6 million. The final selling price of this home was $19 million. Disney film executive Dana Walden was the purchaser.
For $29.5 million, Lindsey offered a different Brentwood property in April 2019. He and his wife Kristen paid $6.6 million for the double lot in 2004 and then started construction on a 10,000-square-foot custom house. This house was ultimately sold for $28 million. Michael Gross, a former vice chairman of WeWork, made the purchase.
They spent $3.7 million on a house in the guard-gated Hideaway golf club neighborhood in La Quinta, California, in 2020. The 5,500 square-foot, Spanish contemporary-style home was constructed in 2014 and has four bedrooms and four and a half bathrooms. Additionally, it has a pool, two covered patios, steel-framed windows, and white hardwood floors. Additional Southern California homes are owned by Buckingham and Messner.
Lindsey spent $14 million on a Brentwood house in June 2022. Mega-producer Lauren Shuler Donner, the seller, spent $13 million just seven months earlier to purchase the home.
The youngest of three brothers, Lindsey Adams Buckingham was born in Palo Alto, California, in 1949. He was born and raised in the town of Atherton, where he also went to high school. As soon as his parents saw Buckingham had musical talent, they upgraded him to a $35 Donald Duck guitar from his initial toy Mickey Mouse guitar.
When he was 13 years old, Buckingham developed an interest in folk music and was especially impressed by the Kingston Trio’s use of the banjo. He played bass and sang in his high school band from 1966 until 1971, playing both folk and psychedelic rock without any professional instruction. Later, Buckingham encouraged his friend Stevie Nicks to join the group as a backup singer.
Also Read: Anthea Turner’s Net Worth? Complete Details!
Buckingham and Nicks began dating in 1972, and they collaborated on a number of demos. They brought their records to Los Angeles, where Polydor Records signed them the following year. Buckingham Nicks’ debut album, “Buckingham Nicks,” had dismal sales, thus Polydor quickly pulled the duo from their roster.
When Buckingham and Nicks were recording demos at Sound City studio in 1975, Fleetwood Mac musician Mick Fleetwood was introduced to them and was taken by their sound. Buckingham was recruited to the band by Fleetwood since guitarist Bob Welch has recently quit. Without holding an audition, Fleetwood decided to hire both musicians because Buckingham was still loyal to Nicks.
The band’s self-titled debut album by Buckingham, “Fleetwood Mac,” was a huge hit and peaked at number one on the American charts. He provided lead vocals on “Crystal” and “Blue Letter” and contributed the songs “Monday Morning” and “I’m So Afraid” to the album.
In 1977, Buckingham experienced an even larger victory after this one. With the publication of “Rumours,” one of the best-selling albums of all time, Fleetwood Mac became an overnight sensation. “Go Your Own Way” by Buckingham, the album’s debut single quickly entered the US Top Ten. Along with singing co-lead on “Don’t Stop” and “The Chain,” the artist also contributed the tracks “Second Hand News” and “Never Going Back Again.”
Lindsey sold a business called Kobalt 25% of his music library in 2012 for an estimated $30 million. Hipgnosis Songs Fund purchased Kobalt in September 2020 for $323 million. In January 2021, Lindsey decided to sell Hipgnosis his remaining 75% ownership in his catalog to Kobalt for an unknown sum that has been calculated to be between $60 and $80 million. Lindsey’s rights to royalties and license fees from songs like “Go Your Own Way” and “The Chain” were fully transferred to Hipgnosis as part of the sale.
Also Read: Josh Kroenke’s Net Worth? Complete Info!
William Gregory, his first child, was born in 1998 to Buckingham and interior designer and photographer Kristen Messner. The two have children Leelee and Stella after getting married in 2000. Sadly, after 21 years of marriage, Kristen filed for divorce in June 2021.