Alexa & Katie, a Netflix original series created by Heather Wordham and with Matthew Carlson as the showrunner, features Paris Berelc and Isabel May in the lead roles of Alexa, a high schooler battling cancer, and her best friend Katie.
The show also includes a talented cast comprising Jolie Jenkins, Emery Kelly, Eddie Shin, Finn Carr, Tiffani Thiessen, and Jack Griffo. Premiering on Netflix on March 23, 2018, the series enjoyed a successful three-season run, ultimately concluding on June 13, 2020.
Shifting our focus to the spotlight, “Alexa & Katie” Season 5 is generating excitement. In this article, our primary discussion will revolve around the much-anticipated Season 5 of “Alexa & Katie,” as well as an exploration of the show’s cast.
Anticipating Netflix’s “Alexa & Katie” Season 5
Netflix’s “Alexa & Katie” has consistently struck an exceptional balance between relatability, humor, and heartfelt storytelling, a feat unmatched in the realm of coming-of-age dramas. As Season 5 approaches, fans can anticipate an even more heightened level of excitement.
In this article, we will provide you with an in-depth preview of what to expect in Season 5, insights into the star cast members, and the anticipated premiere date. So, grab your popcorn because there’s a lot to look forward to!
While eager fans are repeatedly refreshing Netflix’s official YouTube channel in anticipation of the Season 5 trailer, it has yet to be released. However, reliable sources suggest that the teaser is likely to surface closer to the premiere date, promising a whirlwind of emotions.
The upcoming season is set to deliver eight episodes filled with laughter, drama, and touching moments. Netflix is planning to release all episodes for the delight of binge-watchers on June 8th, 2024. Building on the series’ history of exploring both lighthearted and profound themes, Season 5 is expected to take a deeper dive into Alexa and Katie’s enduring friendship, their relationships with their families, and their growth as young adults.
- Paris Berelc plays Alexa, a determined basketball player battling cancer, who seeks a normal life and despises pity.
- Isabel May portrays Katie, Alexa’s quirky and supportive best friend with a passion for theatre and a crush on Lucas.
- Jolie Jenkins is Jennifer, Katie’s hardworking, single mother, and the Cooper family’s matriarch.
- Emery Kelly plays Lucas, Alexa’s caring older brother with dreams of becoming a doctor and a budding music career.
- Eddie Shin portrays Dave, Alexa and Lucas’ father, an airline pilot, and the Mendoza family patriarch.
- Finn Carr is Jack, Jennifer’s candy-loving, video game enthusiast son who understands Alexa’s situation.
- Tiffani Thiessen is Lori, Alexa and Lucas’ competitive and protective mother who guides Alexa through her challenges.
- Jack Griffo appears as Dylan, Lucas’ intelligent friend and Alexa’s former boyfriend (recurring in season 1 & 3, main in season 2).
- Kerri Medders as Gwenny, Alexa’s initially self-absorbed rival who becomes kinder.
- Iman Benson portrays Reagan, a friend of Alexa and Katie known for her self-centeredness.
- Merit Leighton plays Hannah, another friend of Alexa and Katie, who joins the cheerleading team.
- Nathaniel J. Potvin appears as Ryan, Katie’s first kiss and friend, with a single father.
- Nadja Alaya is Megan, a friend of Alexa with cancer who improves after attending Alexa’s sweet sixteen.
- Alyssa Jirrels as Vanessa (season 1), a student with a grudge against Katie.
- Ricky Garcia plays Cameron (season 2), a dimwitted member of Lucas’ band.
- Scott Wordham appears as Barry, Katie’s pessimistic boss at Wired, a local coffee shop.
- Jordan Austin Smith portrays Cody (season 2), a new student befriended by Alexa.
- Constance Marie plays Dr. Corts (season 3), Alexa and Katie’s therapist.
- Gunner Burkhardt is Spencer (season 3), a boy with cancer who starts dating Alexa.
- Barrett Carnahan appears as Aiden (season 3), who initially annoys Katie but later develops a romantic connection.
- Brady Smith is Joe (season 3), Jennifer’s boyfriend and a handyman.
- Anthony Keyvan appears as Nathan, often ignored and a running gag in the series.
- Megan Truong plays Britney (season 1), a student on the girls’ basketball team.
- Tess Aubert portrays Mackenzie (season 1), who initially confuses Britney for the student with cancer.
- Jenica Bergere is Coach Winters, the girls’ basketball team coach.
- Katie Walder plays Ms. Rogers (season 1), the drama teacher with a one-sided relationship.
- Carmella Riley is Nurse Lynda (season 1), a nurse at the hospital where Alexa and Megan stay.
- Alan Ritchson appears as Robbie (season 1), Katie and Jack’s father and Jennifer’s ex-husband.
- Avery Monsen plays Nurse Chad, a nervous nurse working at the hospital.
- Liam Attridge portrays Steve (season 2), a dimwitted friend of Lucas.
- Gregg Daniel is Dr. Breitweiser (season 2), Alexa’s doctor who allows her to play basketball in season two.