Technology had come to stay in this 21st century, and not only that it is continually changing how we do things in our present dispensation. The presence of technology can be found in all spheres of life. From the manufacturing sector to the corporate world. Businesses are not also left behind, and the same goes with education.
Technology has tremendously revolutionized our educational sector, making teaching and learning more effective and efficient, both for teachers and student. With technology students are now being exposed to new things and phenomenon which wouldn’t have been possible if technology was non-existent. These new things and phenomenon are making learning exciting for the students.
New things like virtual aid has improved learning on a whole new level. Power Point presentation changed classroom teaching, learning in a positive way, helping students to better understand what the teacher is saying. These days’ student uses their notepads and iPad to write, making the use of pen and paper for writing obsolete.
The recent Covid-19 pandemic that crippled the world economy and brought the world to a standstill by making everybody stay back indoor, really brought out the importance of technology in our educational system. Because of the Covid-19 pandemic schools were shut down and students were sent back home, to curtail the spread of the virus.
Technology made it possible for teaching and learning to still continue even when both the students and teachers were at home. With the introduction of Zoom app, it became easy to organize learning on a large scale. It was as if the students were back to class, because Zoom app made it possible to both the students and teachers to have a video interface right from their various homes.
So technology has tremendously improved studying. Now with the presence of Google search engines, you can easily access any information you need from the comfort of your homes and this aids studying because it makes it possible for you to have all the necessary materials you need in your study.
Previously, people lost valuable documents and information simply because they were written on a paper but with the advent of technological gadgets such as the flash drive and hard disk, it is now possible to have valuable documents such as thesis, research papers, and other valuable written information changed into a word format and saved in flash drives and hard disk. What this means is that this valuable information can easily be retrieved at any point in time, especially when it is needed for study.
Technology can also be in the form of applications, so we will be discussing a few apps that will definitely help your study time. They include the following:
- GOOGLE DRIVE: With Google Drive it becomes possible to save important and valuable documents, materials, and data in your Google email accounts. All you have to do is simply create a Google email account then sign up to your Google Drive. Imagine you lost your phone, flash drive, or laptop in transit with valuable information stored in them. What it means is that you have lost all those materials, that is why you have to ensure that you have a Google Drive so that you can store useful material in them.
- OXFORD DICTIONARY: The Oxford Dictionary app should be an integral part of your study app. Its importance can not be over-emphasized as it helps you to break down words in simpler form, helping you understand the meaning of those words. The Oxford Dictionary comes in many languages, so you can easily download the one with your language type. This app is also handy because it helps you learn spellings especially when you are writing.
- SCANNER APP: Not every document or information can be gotten from the Internet, and most individuals especially student cannot afford the traditional printer machine. So the scanner app becomes a viable option. With an App Scanner iPhone you can easily scan document or words written in a book and convert them to word format. This Scanner App is good tool that you can download for your study time.
- MYHOME WORK STUDENT PLANNER: This is an essential app for students. Once you install this app on your smartphone it helps you to plan your schedule by ensuring that you don’t skip any of assignments, classwork, or books you need to study. If you are fond of easily forgetting things, then this app is definitely for you as it helps you to remember academic activities you need to engage in.
- DRAGON DICTATION: With Dragon dictation it is possible to just talk instead of typing. Those things you say are digitally translated into a word text. It is very convenient and easy to use. So when feeling tired and can’t type, but you urgently need to jot down important information. All you need to do is to speak into the Dragon dictation app and those words will be translated into word text.
- EXAM COUNTDOWN LITE: Exam count down lite app helps you to keep track of your exam dates so do not forget, and also it helps you to adequately prepare for the exam by constantly reminding you of it.
- WOLFRAM ALPHA: This app is essentially for anyone who engages in many calculations. So if you study calculation based topics, then is pertinent you get the app.